Authorities look if Davao blast linked to Zamboanga siege
The ninth day of the siege in Zamboanga City is somehow connected with two bombing incidents in Davao City last night, said Interior Secretary Mar Roxas.
Two explosions rocked two malls in Davao City yesterday that injured five people.
Authorities say that an improvised explosive device (IED) was used.
Based on reports of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), the first explosion occurred at around 9:03 p.m. inside the SM City Davao Cinema 1 located at Ecoland.
Explosives Ordnance Division with K-9 dogs rushed to the scene.
According to Davao City police chief Senior Supt. Ronald dela Rosa, the homemade bomb were planted inside the inside the cinema of SM City and Gaisano.
“Initial post blast investigation revealed that the exploded bomb was placed on top of the J5 chair of first row orchestra. No one was hurt since all the moviegoers were all seated at the balcony,” dela Rosa said.
Roxas said that Davao is a relatively quiet city, that’s why it’s puzzling how a bombing occurred in the city.
The Interior Secretary also ordered authorities to probe the signature used on the IED. (Reggie Espritu)
- Rebels surrender as standoff nears its end
- Senate pork probe resets hearing on Sept. 24
- Church speaks up on Phl issues
- 1 year filing too long, Minority bloc says
- FOI Bill sees some sort of daylight
- Government has enough funds for victims in Zambo
- Free MRT/LRT rides to government employees
- BI issues “Look Out Order” against Pork Barrel Scam suspects
- Junior AAFP officers unsatisfied with PNOY’s take on Zamboanga standoff