A second impeachment complaint against Vice President Sara Duterte was filed at the House of Representatives on Monday morning, February 2, following a recent Supreme Court (SC) ruling that struck down an earlier impeachment bid.
The move comes after the SC junked the motion for reconsideration on its decision declaring the previous articles of impeachment transmitted by the House to the Senate unconstitutional.
Despite the setback, impeachment proponents said the ruling did not erase the serious allegations leveled against the Vice President.
The new complaint is being filed by a coalition of civil society organizations, religious leaders, and concerned citizens. Among the named complainants are Kiko Aquino Dee, co-convenor of Tindig Pilipinas; former peace secretary Ging Deles; and 2025 Ramon Magsaysay Awardee Rev. Fr. Flavie Villanueva.
Meanwhile, Akbayan party-list Representative Perci Cendaña and Mamamayang Liberal party-list Representative Leila de Lima are endorsing the second impeachment complaint in the 20th Congress.
Earlier on the same day, a separate impeachment complaint was filed and endorsed by members of the Makabayan Bloc.
In a statement, the coalition said the new complaint contains five articles of impeachment, accusing the Vice President of culpable violations of the Constitution, graft and corruption, bribery, betrayal of public trust, and other high crimes.
Among the key allegations cited are the alleged contracting of an assassin to kill the President, the First Lady, and a former Speaker of the House of Representatives; the misuse of hundreds of millions of pesos in public funds through confidential and intelligence expenses; alleged acts of bribery, illegal accumulation of wealth, and money laundering; failure to fully disclose properties and assets in her Statements of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALN); and the alleged enabling of extrajudicial killings and participation in plots to destabilize the government.
The first and historic impeachment complaint, filed in 2025 by a broad coalition that included Aquino Dee, Deles, Villanueva, and various youth and sectoral leaders, was struck down after the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.
“This complaint aims to protect the integrity of public institutions and demand justice for the Filipino people,” the coalition said, stressing that accountability mechanisms must continue to be pursued despite legal setbacks.


