President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Monday addressed, for the first time the accusations made by his sister, Senator Imee Marcos, during an Iglesia Ni Cristo rally, where she claimed the president was involved in illegal drugs.
In a press conference, Marcos refrained from engaging in a public family dispute but expressed deep concern for his sister’s well-being.
The president said his family has been troubled by Senator Imee’s recent behavior.
“We do not like to show our dirty linen in public. I'll just say this much. For a while now, we've been very worried about my sister” Marcos said asked whether he was hurt by Senator Marcos’ accusation that he is a “drug user."
“The lady that you see talking on TV is not my sister… Hindi siya ’yon," he added.
He added that this sentiment is shared among their relatives and close friends.
"I hope she feels better soon," he said.
When questioned if the siblings had already spoken or if he intended to reach out, Marcos said they have not communicated.
“We don’t really… we no longer travel in the same circles, political or otherwise. So, no,” the president stated.
On November 17, the Sen. Imee accused her brother, his wife, First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos and President's friends of using illegal drugs.
Malacañang earlier said that they will “wait and see” if legal action should be taken against the senator over her drug-use allegations against President Bongbong and his family.


