

Sara Duterte arrived at the Taguig City Prosecutor’s Office on Tuesday to personally file a perjury complaint against her alleged former aide, Ramil Madriaga, who has claimed to be her former “bagman.”
According to a report by RH Jecelle Ricafort on DZRH's Damdaming Bayan, the Vice President was accompanied by her legal counsel, Atty. Paolo Panelo Jr., as she prepared to formally lodge the complaint.
The perjury case is anchored on what has been referred to as the “Madriaga affidavit,” which has been submitted as part of the impeachment complaints against Duterte.
Members of the media, including DZRH, attempted to get a statement from Duterte regarding the complaint. However, she declined to comment and instead assured reporters that her lawyer would address the media later in the day.
In an earlier interview, Panelo said the basis of the perjury complaint is the sworn affidavit executed by Madriaga. In the document, Madriaga claimed that he personally delivered large sums of money to several individuals upon Duterte’s instruction when she was still serving as Education Secretary.
Madriaga also alleged that Duterte received funds in 2022 from drug lords and Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs). Additionally, his camp claimed that the Vice President visited him twice at the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) facility in an attempt to stop him from making the allegations public.
Duterte has previously denied Madriaga’s claims. In December 2025, she rejected the allegations and said she had no personal relationship with Madriaga and added she had “never visited him in prison.“
This is a developing story. Refresh the page for more updates.
