DZRH Logo
Torre denies filing optional retirement from PNP
Torre denies filing optional retirement from PNP
Nation
Torre denies filing optional retirement from PNP
by Thea Divina22 January 2026
Photos from MMDA, PNP

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) General Manager Nicolas Torre III denied reports that he filed an optional retirement from the Philippine National Police (PNP).

“Wala akong pinirmahan [I haven’t signed anything],” Torre told DZRH News’ Dos Por Dos.

“I-hold ko muna ang mga comments ko regarding that matter kasi wala pang final diyan eh. I-clear ko pa ‘yan in the next few days sa ibang mga concerned agencies, concerned offices,” the incumbent MMDA-GM added.

Despite accepting his new position in government, Torre emphasized that whether he can remain in the “mother agency” ultimately depends on the President.

“Sana [maibigay ang full benefits]. Especially ‘yung clearance sa lahat ng harassment cases,” he added.

RH Edniel Parrosa reports that earlier, an order dated January 19 indicated that Torre had been “optionally retired” from the PNP effective December 26, 2025, under Napolcom Resolution No. 2026-0029.

The resolution cited Section 40 of R.A. 6975 in relation to Section 34 of R.A. 8551 and granted Torre retirement benefits equivalent to his present rank.

In a previous interview, Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla said he personally called Torre to process his optional retirement.

“Nagtatawagan kami lagi, kinrongratulate ko siya lalo na noong na-appoint siya [sa] MMDA. Ako ang tumawag sa kaniya para i-process ‘yong optional retirement niya. Nagpasalamat [siya] sa akin. Ako ang gumawa ng lahat ng clearances niya. Past is past, move on na kami pareho,” Remulla said.

Remulla also said he plans to invite the former PNP chief to the donning ceremony of Police Lieutenant General Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read