DZRH Logo
Sandro Marcos requests executive session at ICI hearing, says he appeared voluntarily
Sandro Marcos requests executive session at ICI hearing, says he appeared voluntarily
Nation
Sandro Marcos requests executive session at ICI hearing, says he appeared voluntarily
by Elijah Gaven Mitra04 December 2025
Rep. Sandro Marcos at the ICI hearing on December 4, 2025. Screengrab from ICI/YT

Presidential son, House Majority Leader, and Ilocos Norte 1st District Rep. Ferdinand Alexander “Sandro” Marcos appeared before the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) on Thursday. Marcos requested an executive session, which resulted in a temporary pause of the public livestream.

According to his legal counsel, Marcos sought a closed-door session because he may disclose “critical information” that could affect the integrity of the investigation if aired publicly.

Marcos had earlier volunteered to attend the hearing, which is looking into alleged irregularities in the government’s flood-control projects. This comes after resigned Rep. Zaldy Co accused him of being behind ₱50.9 billion in supposed budget insertions. A separate report by the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism (PCIJ) also identified Marcos and his uncle, former Speaker Martin Romualdez, as among the top recipients of pork barrel allocations, with Marcos allegedly receiving ₱15.79 billion in allocable funds from 2023 to 2025.

Before entering the ICI venue, Marcos emphasized that he was not under investigation.

“I would just like to say I came here on a voluntary basis so I could help the ICI with their investigation. I was not served a subpoena, I am not subject in any investigation,” he said. “However, I’m willing to give and tell the ICI anything that I might know that will further the investigation," he added

The ICI has yet to announce details on what transpired during the executive session.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read