

The Marilao Northbound lanes in the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) are now passable following the successful repair of the damaged Marilao Interchange Bridge last week.
"We are pleased to announce that all four lanes of Marilao Northbound will be passable to vehicles beginning 1 a.m. on March 26, 2025, ahead of the projected schedule," said NLEX in its announcement.
Meanwhile, supporting steel poles are still attached under the bridge to allow for concrete curing.
NLEX stated that traffic in the Marilao Northbound lanes will improve and normalize in the next few days.
According to RH Edwin Duque's report, the traffic flow is now smooth in both the northbound and southbound lanes of the bridge.
On March 19, a trailer truck hit part of the bridge, which resulted in severe traffic.
"Originally scheduled for completion in two weeks, NLEX accelerated the repairs, with teams working around the clock and with the expedited delivery of the fabricated steel needed for the bridge," said NLEX.
"We thank the motoring public for their utmost understanding and patience while repairs were ongoing," it added.
Earlier this week, NLEX acknowledged the Department of Transportation's (DOTr) directive to implement a 'temporary toll relief' to motorists.
Transport Secretary Vince Dizon said that this will at least ease the burden on motorists and passengers amid the traffic issue.
"Dobleng pasakit naman sa mga motorista kung sisingilin pa sila ng buong toll habang ilang oras silang naiipit sa traffic kahit maikling distansya lang naman ang ibibiyahe nila. Maliit na pakonswelo lang ito sa abalang dinaranas ng mga motorista’t pasahero," said Dizon.