

“Glad I could help.”
This was President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.'s response to Vice President Sara Duterte, who thanked him for the mended ties between her and her father, former President Rodrigo Duterte, according to Palace Press Officer Usec. Claire Castro.
Castro, in a press briefing at Malacañang, highlighted that it would be more appropriate for Vice President Sara Duterte to first thank her father, noting that any chance to be with him was a direct consequence of the case regarding alleged extrajudicial killings.
"Mas maganda po siguro kung magpasalamat muna si VP Sara sa kanyang ama mismo, kay dating pangulong Rodrigo Duterte. Dahil kung siya man po ay nagkaroon ng pagkakataon, nagkaroon ng oras kasama ang kanyang ama, ito ay dahil sa kasong EJK," said Castro.
"Kung hindi po naganap, at hindi nagawa sinasabing mga aksyon patungkol sa war on drugs at walang nag-complain, hindi rin naman sila magkakaroon ng pagkakataon na makapunta sa The Hague," she added.
In a prior interview, Vice President Duterte pointed out the "irony" as she conveyed her gratitude to Marcos, adding that "forgiveness" had been shared between her and her father "for everything that has happened" in their lives.
The 79-year-old Duterte was arrested by Philippine authorities upon his arrival at NAIA Terminal 3 in Manila on March 11, and was subsequently sent to The Hague in the Netherlands.
Duterte is facing accusations of crimes against humanity, said to have been committed in the Philippines between November 1, 2011, and March 16, 2019.
Moreover, Vice President Duterte is in The Hague to support her father, who is under detention by the International Criminal Court (ICC).