DZRH Logo
Marcos on food, fuel supply amid Middle East crisis: ‘Everything is normal’
Marcos on food, fuel supply amid Middle East crisis: ‘Everything is normal’
Nation
Marcos on food, fuel supply amid Middle East crisis: ‘Everything is normal’
by Luwela Amor18 March 2026
Photo courtesy: Bongbong Marcos & Canva

President Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr. on Wednesday assured the public that the country’s supply of food, fuel, and fertilizer remains stable and 'normal' despite ongoing tensions in the Middle East.

In a Damdaming Bayan report by RH Edniel Parrosa, the President made the statement following an inspection of commodity prices at the Agora Public Market, where he personally checked goods and examined weighing scales around the market.

“Right now we have no problem sa supply, we don’t have a problem sa supply with the petroleum products including fertilizer for the farmer, that’s our main concern,” Marcos said.

“So far, we have been able to keep everything at normal level, everything is normal. No need to hoard. Our vendors are cooperating, they are keeping the prices down at normal from what we were maybe a month ago, pareho pa rin. That’s what we need to make it,” he added.

During the visit, the President noted that retailers are largely complying with suggested price levels. He said there has been no significant change in the prices of essential commodities compared to the previous month.

However, Marcos admitted that the situation remains uncertain, particularly depending on how long global supply conditions will hold amid geopolitical tensions.

He also emphasized that conservation efforts among consumers and stakeholders have helped maintain stable supply and pricing levels in markets.

Joining the President during the inspection were Department of Agriculture (DA) Francis Tiu Laurel Jr., Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Maria Cristina Roque and San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora.

Meanwhile, a vendor in San Juan said rising fuel prices are already beginning to affect rice prices in the city.

When asked about when the excise tax on fuel would be suspended, the President said, ‘When the situation calls for it.’

On March 17, Marcos announced that farmers and fishermen will receive a P3,000 fuel subsidy, with additional cash aid to follow in April, in response to successive oil price hikes.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read