DZRH Logo
Marcos confident he didn’t commit any impeachable offense – Palace
Marcos confident he didn’t commit any impeachable offense – Palace
Nation
Marcos confident he didn’t commit any impeachable offense – Palace
by Luwela Amor09 February 2026
Photo courtesy: Bongbong Marcos

President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. is confident that he did not commit any impeachable offense, according to Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro.

Castro made the statement following the House Committee on Justice’s dismissal of two impeachment complaints against the President on Monday, February 9.

In a press briefing today, Castro said the President respects the constitutional role of the House of Representatives in impeachment proceedings and does not interfere in its decisions.

“Ang Pangulo po mismo sa sarili niya kumpiyansa siya na wala po siyang ginawang anumang impeachable offense,” Castro said.

The PCO official reiterated that Marcos hopes lawmakers will rely only on the evidence and deliberations presented during the committee hearings on the impeachment complaints filed against him.

“Ang anumang pong mangyayari na solusyon, resolusyon, desisyon po ng House of Representatives ay hindi po ito saklaw ng Pangulo. Pero umaasa po ang Pangulo na kahit na po ang sinasabing impeachment ay isang political tool,“ she said.

“Umaasa po siya na ang mga miyembro po ng House of Representatives ay maaayon lamang kung anong ebidensya na naipakita at naging diskusyon sa Committee on Justice,” Castro added.

Earlier in the day, the House Justice Panel formally adopted the committee report recommending the dismissal of the impeachment complaints against the President.

Despite this, Castro said Malacañang remains confident that the impeachment effort against Marcos will not prosper, noting the administration’s trust in the House to uphold due process and assess the complaints based on merit and evidence.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read