Aliwan Fiesta 2024
DZRH Logo
DNA testing to confirm third Filipino fatality in Israel ongoing - PH Embassy in Tel Aviv
DNA testing to confirm third Filipino fatality in Israel ongoing - PH Embassy in Tel Aviv
Nation
DNA testing to confirm third Filipino fatality in Israel ongoing - PH Embassy in Tel Aviv
by Karen Ow-Yong11 October 2023
More than 100 victims in body bags from one Kibbutz, Kibbutz Beeri. (from Israel Embassy in the PH)

MANILA – A DNA (Deoxyribonucleaic acid) test is ongoing to verify if a there is a third Filipino fatality in the war between Israel and the Hamas.

This is confirmed by Philippine Embassy in Israel Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) Anthony Mandap, in a text message to reporters on Wednesday.

According to Mandap, the DNA test is necessary to identify the body. “Can’t say Filipino until the body is identified,” he said.

Mandap added that there are now two confirmed Filipino fatalities and one for confirmation and undergoing DNA testing.

Advertisement

So far, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) confirms that there are already 26 Filipino nationals rescued in Israel, one injured and recovering at the hospital, and around 70 are requesting for repatriation to the Philippines from Palestine.

Earlier, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. released a statement expressing his sadness over the death of the two Filipino nationals killed in the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict and denounced the violence and terror attacks.

“My heart is heavy upon hearing confirmation of the deaths of two Filipinos in Israel. The Philippines condemns these killings and stands firmly against the ongoing terror and violence,” President Marcos said in a statement.

President Marcos added that the Philippine government will remain resolute in the pursuit of lasting peace in line with the United Nations (UN) resolutions and international laws.

Advertisement

The President also emphasized that the Philippine government will not cease sending support to affected overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and the Filipino community affected by the ongoing conflict between the Israeli forces and Hamas.

DFA Secretary Enrique Manalo confirmed the deaths in his post on X (formerly Twitter) and condemned the killing of two Filipino nationals and all other acts of terrorism and violence as a result of Hamas actions against Israel.

In his post, Manalo said that “The Philippines is ready to work with other countries towards a long-lasting resolution to the conflict, in accordance with pertinent UN Security Council Resolutions and the general principles of international law.”

He reiterated that the Philippine government will continue to provide all possible assistance to distressed Filipino nationals in Israel and Palestine.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read