

Marikina 1st District Rep. Marcelino “Marcy” Teodoro has spoken up on the harassment and sexual complaints against him, stating, “sunod-sunod ang mga atake sa akin, nakakaawa na ko.”
In a statement released on Thursday, September 25, Teodoro denied the accusations against him, describing them as false and malicious. Moreover, the lawmaker said the allegations have no basis and that it was made to taint his reputation.
“Mukhang politically motivated attack laban sa akin. May tumatrabahong pwersa. Sobra na at sunod-sunod ang mga atake sa akin nakakaawa na ako,” his statement read.
As of writing, Teodoro has yet to receive a copy of the formal complaint against him. He explained that he also has no idea of the full details or information about the said allegations.
With this, he asserted that, “ang isang alegasyon ay hindi maituturing na ebidensya.”
Citing the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) Circular No. 20 (2023), he said that complaints will undergo case build-up and legal evaluation to determine the sufficiency of evidence before any preliminary investigation.
“Malinaw sa nakasaad na DOJ Circular, na dapat may legal evaluation at pagsusuri ng ebidensya bago magsagawa ng preliminary investigation, kaya maituturing ito na isang alegasyon pa lamang,” he wrote.
“Nanawagan at umaasa ako sa isang impartial, transparent, at bukas na imbestigasyon upang maproteksyunan ko ang aking reputasyon dahil sunod-sunod na ang atake laban sa akin,” his statement ended.
Earlier today, it was reported that two female police officers filed formal charges of rape by sexual assault and acts of lasciviousness before the DOJ. Based on the sworn affidavits obtained by DZRH News, the complaints alleged that Teodoro made unwanted sexual advances, even using his influence over police assignments in Marikina to intimidate the two officers.
RH Edniel Parrosa also reported that the two policewomen had been reassigned to Camp Crame for their protection while the case is under investigation.
