

The distribution of financial assistance to public utility vehicle (PUV) drivers in the provinces will begin after Holy Week, Malacañang said on Tuesday.
According to Claire Castro, Undersecretary of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO), the government is currently finalizing the list of beneficiaries before rolling out the aid outside Metro Manila.
“Atin din pong narinig si [DSWD] Sec. Rex Gatchalian na after Holy Week ay masisimulan po ang pagbibigay naman po ng ayuda sa labas po ng Metro Manila,” Castro said during a Palace press briefing on March 17.
She added that the records of beneficiaries are still being organized and finalized by concerned agencies, including the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), Department of Transportation (DOTr), and Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB).
“Inaayos lamang po ang records ng mga beneficiaries at pina-finalize po ng DSWD, DOTR at LTFRB,” she added.
Aside from cash assistance, Castro added that the government will also distribute 10 kilos of rice every other month for the entire year to middle-class workers and vulnerable families through the local government support fund.
“Palalawakin ito sa mga susunod na araw sa labas ng Metro Manila. Ang mga driver ng jeep at transport network vehicles ay tatanggap din ng tig-limang libong piso na cash relief assistance,“ Castro said.
Earlier on the same day, the government started distributing financial assistance to nearly 139,000 tricycle drivers in Metro Manila.
Authorities also said jeepney drivers and transport network vehicle service (TNVS) drivers will be the next recipients of the assistance as part of the government’s ongoing support for the transport sector.
