DZRH Logo
'Ang katotohanan ay nasa aking panig': Bong Revilla denies involvement in flood control mess
'Ang katotohanan ay nasa aking panig': Bong Revilla denies involvement in flood control mess
Nation
'Ang katotohanan ay nasa aking panig': Bong Revilla denies involvement in flood control mess
by Luwela Amor06 December 2025
Photo courtesy: Senate of the Philippines/Facebook

Former senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. on Saturday denied allegations linking him to the alleged anomalous flood control projects, following confirmation from the Department of Justice (DOJ) that he has been included among the respondents in multiple flood control-related complaints.

“Ang naratibo na pilit nilang ikinakasa laban sa akin ay hindi lamang kasinungalingan, ito’y sadyang 'di kapani-paniwala” Revilla said in a statement.

“I am an easy target being used to muddle the truth, but the truth will always come out," he added.

Revilla’s name surfaced in investigations concerning allegedly anomalous flood control projects under the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). He is among several personalities flagged by the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) for possible charges.

The senator's name was implicated in the controversy after former DPWH Undersecretary Roberto Bernardo claimed he personally delivered around ₱125 million in cash to Revilla’s residence in Bacoor, Cavite, in December 2024, supposedly as part of a 'kickback' scheme in infrastructure projects.

In a previous Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing, dismissed DPWH District Engineer Henry Alcantara also testified that Bernardo had allegedly told him that a ₱300-million insertion in the 2024 General Appropriations Act (GAA) had been allocated for Revilla.

Revilla rejected the accusations, saying his name was being "used to steer the truth away."

Yesterday, DOJ Prosecutor General Richard "Dong" Fadullon said that Revilla and resigned Ako Bicol Party-list representative Zaldy Co have been added as respondents in the DOJ’s ongoing evaluation of complaints involving alleged “ghost” flood control projects in Bulacan.

Revilla said he is prepared to face the allegations head-on.

“I have lived my life facing all challenges thrown my way. Hindi ako tumakbo, hindi ako nagtago. Hindi ako umurong noon, at hindi ako uurong ngayon. At dahil ang katotohanan ay nasa aking panig, haharapin ko ito nang buong tapang at paninindigan,” said Revilla.

The former senator also expressed confidence that the investigation will eventually hold the true culprits accountable.

“Kasama kayo, nananalig akong sa huli, ang mga tunay na may sala ang mananagot—para sa hustisya at para sa bayan," he said.

After the DOJ's confirmation, Revilla asked the public for prayers for himself and his family.

“Please pray for me and my family,” he wrote in a social media post on Friday.

Share
listen Live
DZRH News Live Streaming
Home
categories
RHTV Link
Latest
Most Read