Monday, July 24, 2017
   
Text Size

Metro

No need for permit to rally on Monday, says Erap

Manila City Mayor Joseph Estrada assured that rallyists don’t need a permit to rally for their march on Monday, August 26, against the pork barrel in Luneta.

Estrada insisted that the Philippines is a democratic country that all Filipinos can express their sentiments to the government.

The former president turned Manila Mayor relived his moments during his presidency that he did not stop rallyists from entering the Malacañang Palace.

The so-called ‘million people march against pork barrel’ started on Facebook and went viral for days as it now has confirmed 13,000 attendees. (Judie Anne Abejero)

 

Decena asks DOJ for investigation after ambush

Businesswoman Cristina Decena asked the Department of Justice for an investigation after an ambush against her last week.

Justice Secretary Leila De Lima said that a former Major Manuel Dasig is being pointed by Decena who ordered the ambush.

The spat stemmed between Dasig and Decena because of the P200 million land title that has yet to be paid by the former policeman.

The National Bureau of Investigation will investigate of the masterminds of the said incident. (Luisito Antonio Santos)

 

Moreno faces new problem

Manila City Vice Mayor Isko Moreno now faces another problem after Manila’s traffic woes—flood.

Moreno said that they will form a drainage system in Manila but it will not assure the flooding will be instantly eliminated.

The Manila Vice Mayor insisted that the public should be responsible in throwing their trash so as it may not cause and clog the drainages.

Some pumping stations were discovered clogged that is causing flood around the Manila City Hall. (Luisito Antonio Santos)

   

Policewoman kills husband

Enough is enough.

A policewoman killed her policeman husband after an altercation in Quezon City.

PO1 George Verbo was rushed to the hospital but immediately died after a bullet penetrated his stomach after his wife, PO1 Gemalyn Verbo shot him.

According to the report, the victim was intoxicated and a heated conversation ensued inside their home that went to the victim hurting his wife.

The victim then punched his wife and even threatened her to get his firearm that led to the gun struggle. (Rommel Fuertes)

 

Death toll reaches 71 in Cebu ship mishap

The number of casualties has already reached to 71 in the deadly tragedy where two ships collided in Cebu waters last Friday.

Based on the official Facebook page of the Philippine Coast Guard, around eight in the morning, the number of victims has reached to 71, while 750 passengers were rescued as the MV St. Tomas Aquinas capsized underwater.

Technical divers were able to recovered six bodies, including four adult females, a young boy, and a young girl.

Meanwhile, authorities suspended the search and rescue operations with the remaining 49 missing because of the strong current.   (Judie Anne Abejero)





   

Page 7 of 48

Login Form