No cellular phones allowed
Airport immigration personnel cannot anymore use their cellular phones during work.
The Bureau of Immigration enforced a text and call ban so that employees could focus on their mission to serve as gatekeepers of the country.
According to Siegfred Mison, BI officer-in-charge, the focus of the employee should only be on their work so victims of human trafficking cannot escape.
As part of the agency’s campaign dubbed “BI-cares”, all immigration officers should leave their phones before going to their respective counters. (Kisses Jabson)
- Rebels surrender as standoff nears its end
- Senate pork probe resets hearing on Sept. 24
- Church speaks up on Phl issues
- 1 year filing too long, Minority bloc says
- FOI Bill sees some sort of daylight
- Government has enough funds for victims in Zambo
- Free MRT/LRT rides to government employees
- BI issues “Look Out Order” against Pork Barrel Scam suspects
- Junior AAFP officers unsatisfied with PNOY’s take on Zamboanga standoff